Sunday 9 October 2011

Inspiration from AW Edits.

I'm a sucker for magazines. Aren't we all? I actually dread to think about how much of my money goes on buying magazines. As well as my dose of weeklies (Grazia and Look obviously) I also subscribe to Vogue and Elle. But my favourites always come in the form of the seasonal AW and SS edit magazines. They feel like the ultimate style bibles and I often spend my time jotting notes, ripping out pages and reading word for word to find some style inspiration for the upcoming season.

Company magazine AW11 Edits is fabulous this year. The perfect guide for your must-haves for the season. I've read over it many times, circling the items I want to get. The AW Edit included a section called 'Happy Fashion Families' where Company gave us a complete guide of how to dress like our favourite fashion families. The Kardashians, The Beckhams, The Middletons (not really a style I'll be stealing I have to say) and The Olsens. Mary Kate and Ashley are two of my ultimate style icons and one of Company's features in this get-the-look was this stunning dress from Monsoon which I obviously had to have!

I love this dress. The cut, the colour, the tie-dye effect and the sleeves. Yes it has sleeves because as we all know my bingo wings rarely make an appearance. I went out last night and teamed it with my new leather jacket from Primark and leopard print boots. Must admit, I was a bit unsure about the clashing prints but it seemed to work - what do you guys think?




Personally I reckon I'm well on my way to becoming part of the Olsen clan! I'm looking forward to wearing this dress with tights and some wedges or some knee high flat boots for when the cold weather REALLY sets in. The Courtney Dress is available online and in store now at £85.


Dress: With thanks to Monsoon
Clutch: Giles Deacon for New Look
Leather Jacket: Primark
Boots: Topshop
Cuff: H'n'M
Rings: From a selection at Dorothy Perkins, Forever 21, Boots & Accessorize
Cross necklace: Forever 21

3 comments:

  1. Honey I completely LOVE ur boots .... I am so off to Topshop for those bad boys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you doll. They were only like £28 too - bargain! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress and jacket are too cute on you!!

    ReplyDelete